Monday, September 20, 2021
Friends fall is here! Literally days away!
I’m so excited to be in the kitchen baking my Mom’s Fresh Apple Cake.
This cake recipe came from my mom’s kitchen – so this is a special and unique cake!
I hope you enjoy and give this recipe a try.
I will be sure to share all my tips here for your baking success.
Here is the Recipe:
Written by Mom –
Use Granny Smith green apples
- 3 -4 large Granny Smith Apples (4 cups diced apples – peeled, not chopped too fine)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- -Cream oil and sugars, add beaten eggs and vanilla.
- -Sift together dry ingredients, add to sugar mixture and stir/mix well until well blended. (This batter is very sticky)
- -Fold in apples (I added my chopped apples to the cake batter while using my mixer)
- -Bake in 9×13 pan @ 350 degrees until tested done
- -When cool, frost with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting
-1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
-1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
-1 tsp. vanilla
-1 pkg. (16 oz.) powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
Let’s Make It!
-Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended.
-Add powdered sugar gradually, beating after each addition until blended and creamy.
Serve Your Dessert:
Serve your dessert to guests with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I hope you enjoy my apple recipes coming at you for fall.