Love Day Ideas & Valentine Ornament DIY – Because Love Day is almost here! It’s literally just days away. I thought I would share a few fun ideas for an out-of-the-ordinary date night at home and a Valentine’s Day Ornament DIY.
Valentine’s Day Date Night Ideas
- Set the Table in Style – Break out your best dishes. Make it special and light those candles.
- Dessert Night – Dip everything in chocolate! Have a chocolate and fruit fondue night! A decadent dessert is highly recommended! How about a chocolate charcuterie board?
- Dinner For Two or More – Make a special Valentine’s dinner where everyone joins in the cooking.
- Mixology Masters – Try new cocktails or mocktails and keep it Valentine’s Day themed.
- Game Night – Bust out a board game for family fun.
- Indulge in Breakfast in Bed – Make someone feel extra special with a delicious breakfast delivered to the bedroom.
- Get Creative – Do a craft or bake up something speical.
- Backyard Bundle – If the weather permits bundle up with a coat and cozy blanket get outdoors, build a fire, make hot cocoa and creamy marshmallows to have by the fire, which sounds amazing!
- Create a Spa Day – Give yourself a facial or pedi! Whatever you decide, it feels great to pamper yourself or together. Take a bubble bath.
- Cheese and fruit Platter – Create and serve a beautiful cheese platter for two.
Valentine’s Day Salt Dough Ornaments
I’ve kind of been on a roll lately with Valentine’s Day and I can’t tell you why. When a creative moment strikes It seems that I just get into so much trouble, because I might just run with it. I created salt dough heart ornaments. I remember making salt dough with my mom when I was a kid. Living on the ranch money might be tight and we also lived about 3 hours from the nearest department store. So, you didn’t just jump in the car and run to the nearest Walmart because got a wild hair. You either improvised or you done without. Creating was the name of the game. We would make Christmas ornaments using salt dough. I think my mom did this so we would have things to do together, and it kept me from saying “I’m bored.”
Salt Dough Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups of flour
What You’ll Do:
- 1. Mix salt and warm water together until dissolved.
- 2. Add flour slowly.
- 3. Knead dough and roll it out.
- 4. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters or molds.
- 5. Poke holes into desired shapes to hang ribbon through. ( I used a straw to poke hole.)
- 6. Bake at 200 -250 degrees for 2-3 hours.
- 7. Allow to cool.
- 8. Add ribbon and enjoy!
- 9. To add texture to the dough I used crotched ribbon-using a rolling pin to imprint the image onto the dough.
Before I cut the image out of the dough, I rolled the lace into the dough.
Funny how something so simple can make you so happy. Whenever I look at this little DIY heart ornaments it reminds me of the silly little holiday, but more so about Mr. M & how our marriage has endured 33 years. What do you think of my Love Day Ideas & A Valentine Ornament DIY? Let me know in the comments below, find me & chat with me on Instagram. Xoxo