Simple, delicious and easy pumpkin muffins with a streusel topping. Yes, please.
Right now, I’m all about Fall baking and prepping for a Thanksgiving meal. While searching for new recipes, I came across this pumpkin muffin recipe with a streusel topping and had to give it a try. The joy of fall baking is something I look forward to all year long! When the air gets a little chilly and the days get short, it’s time to break out those autumn recipes – and anything pumpkin comes to mind. This is the time when I can stay in the kitchen and bake.
Autumn Baking – Delicious and easy pumpkin muffins with a streusel topping.
This tasty pumpkin recipe is perfect to enjoy during autumn to bring comfort and warmth to your kitchen, friends, and family! I think it’s good enough to keep around until after Christmas.
These pumpkin muffins are even more delicious when topped with a streusel topping! And if that isn’t enough this recipe takes these muffins to the next level! They are certain to please – I think you’re going to love the combination of the soft and fluffy muffins with a crunchy streusel topping, complete with a cinnamon sugar frosting!
What I love about these? These muffins are easy to make – which is perfect for this busy time of year, and they have a streusel topping drizzled with a cinnamon sugar frosting – which is my favorite part.
- Muffin Tin
- Pastry Cutter
- Muffin tin liners
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice (I used pumpkin pie spice.)
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice or pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
Instructions – How to make: Delicious and easy pumpkin muffins with a streusel topping
Prepare the Streusel Topping
- In a medium bowl, combine the streusel ingredients into a coarse crumble mixture. ½ cup all-purpose flour, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup granulated sugar, ½ teaspoon salt,2 teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon allspice (pumpkin pie spice), ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, 6 tablespoons cold butter. Using a pastry cutter, cut your butter in until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
Prepare the Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside. 2 cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup granulated sugar, ½ cup brown sugar,2 ½ teaspoon baking powder,1 teaspoon salt,1 tablespoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon allspice or (pumpkin pie spice), ½ teaspoon ground cloves, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. 2 eggs, ¾ cup milk, 1 cup pumpkin puree, ¼ cup vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients 1/2 cup at a time. Stirring to combine. Do not overmix.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and evenly distribute the batter into each muffin mold, 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with 1 tablespoon of streusel topping, covering the top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the muffins gently spring back with the touch of a finger, like a damp sponge. Remove and allow to cool completely before frosting.
Prepare the Frosting
- While the muffins bake, combine the frosting ingredients in a small bowl. Stirring to form the consistency of glue. ½ cup powdered sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon milk
- Drizzle the frosting over each cooled muffin, and enjoy!
- See here for additional tips and information
- Additional Autumn recipes – see here & here