I’m all about quick and easy desserts that are delicious!
This apple crisp is a go-to favorite treat.
Seriously delicious and sooo good. This is one of my favorite desserts to serve on a pinch. It seems that I always have apples in the refrigerator and the other ingredients in the pantry.
Most apples work well.
I typically use Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, or Honey Crisp and combination/variety works just fine.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE APPLE CRISP –
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a baking dish (9 x 13) with butter.
- Peel and slice your apples into a large bowl. I used 4 medium to large apples. You will need about 5 – 6 cups of sliced apples.
- *Tip – I sliced my apples using an apple slicer to speed up the process and to remove the core easily. I then sliced the apples 1 – 2 more times each with my knife so that the widest part of the slice is roughly 1/4 inch wide.
- Combine the sliced apples with 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Mix the apples with the sugar mixture until the apples are well coated.
You can find my full recipe here.
You know the best way to eat this dessert?
Warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Happy Fall Yall!