Making a Cinnamon, Honey “Latte”
January 9, 2023
On gloomy days do you need an extra cup of coffee?
Maybe on a weekend you just want to relax with another cup of coffee, and you want to make it a latte.
It’s that little warm drink that makes you feel like you are in a European cafe just enjoying the moment.
With the hustle and bustle of the holidays behind us- it is a perfect time to take a minute, take a sip and regroup before the day gets busy.
From @Pantry Hill came the honey cinnamon “latte.” (Not quite latte, but not quite a regular cup of coffee.)
This latte is made with a healthy spoonful of honey and topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon. I know coffee, but a latte or espresso is a bit new to me unless purchased from a coffee shop. However, I thought I would give this homemade recipe a try. From what I can gather a latte is technically made with espresso and steamed milk, but this “latte” is just made the old-fashioned way, with a strong cup of freshly brewed coffee.
Let’s make a Latte
- Brew a strong cup of coffee or shot of espresso
- Add a couple of teaspoons of honey to a small saucepan, along with 1/4 -1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Heat to a simmer stirring constantly.
- Pour the hot milk into a mason jar.
- Place the lid on the mason jar. The mason jar will be hot, using a towel to hold the glass and shake vigorously for 15 -20 seconds.
- Use the mason jar lid to hold back the foam, pour the milk into the coffee. Spoon foam over coffee.
- Sprinkle – top with a dash of cinnamon.
A delicious little cup of that bold coffee will do anytime- and of course, the occasional specialty treat like a honey cinnamon latte is always a good thing.
Thanks for stopping by Rustic and Refound!