October 7, 2021
I found the easiest & best Fall dessert.
This might be a true – Fall classic dessert.
It’s an apple crisp.
This recipe, of fresh sliced & baked apples is topped with a buttery- cinnamon-oat-sugar topping that is sure to please!
Do you have a classic Fall dessert that you just LOVE?
The cooler temperatures have me going to the kitchen a bit more to make those comfort foods & maybe those easy classic desserts.
I searched the web and came up with this recipe from Belle of the Kitchen. She calls it The Best Apple Crisp Recipe.
And, I agree.
What apples did I use for this easy apple crisp?
You can use any apples that you like!
I used what was in my refrigerator – that is, a variety. A couple of Golden Delicious and Granny Smith. Some of my Golden Delicious came directly from an orchard grower in Washington.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE APPLE CRISP –
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Grease a baking dish (9 x 13) with butter.
- 3. Peel and slice your apples into a large bowl. I used 4 medium to large apples. You will need about 5 – 6 cups of sliced apples.
- *Tip – I sliced my apples using an apple slicer to speed up the process and to remove the core easily. I then sliced the apples 1 – 2 more time each with my knife so that the widest part of the slice is roughly 1/4 inch wide.
- 4. Combine the sliced apples with 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 5. Mix the apples with the sugar mixture until the apples are well coated.
- 5. Pour your apple goodness into your prepare baking dish.
6. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Pour in the melted butter and stir until well coated and crumbly. I used a fork to combine the ingredients.
7. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the top of the apples.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes until the apples are tender, the crisp is bubbling, and the topping is golden brown.
You can test for apple doneness by sticking a small knife in the center/piece of an apple. If there is no resistance the crisp is done!
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, serve & enjoy!
This is the perfect treat to have by the fire on a cozy fall evening.
Seriously delicious and sooo good.
- 5 -6 cups fresh apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a deep dish pie plate or large baking dish with butter or cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the sliced apples with the sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and mix until all of the apples are evenly coated. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate medium size bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Pour in the melted butter and stir until well coated and crumbly. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the top of the apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream on top. Enjoy!