October 27, 2022
Meet Broom – Hildie!
Here at Rustic and Refound items often get a makeover, sometimes more than once. Broom – Hildie started off as two brooms. Two brooms that I had in my fall home decor stash once purchased from a home improvement store. You know those small cinnamon scented brooms that you can purchase from Home Depot? (That’s where I bought mine.)
Broom – Hildie is a DIY
With a found handle from an old rake and two of the cinnamon scented brooms from Home Depot – Broom – Hildie found her beginnings. She’s custom made!
To Make Your Own –
What you will need:
- 2 cinnamon scented brooms
- wooden handle or a large sturdy limb (It doesn’t have to be straight)
- trimming shears
- hot glue gun & glue
- jute twine
- twinkle lights
- Broom deconstruction – remove the wrappings from the top of the small brooms to the middle so that you can spread the twigs apart. This is what I have clipped away in the above photo.
- Spread the twigs apart on the two brooms to create a bit more fullness. Center the wooden handle in the middle of the twigs and secure them to the handle with a hot glue gun and wrap tightly with wire then cover the wire with jute twine.
3. Weave a strand of battery-operated orange twinkle lights throughout the twigs to add some Halloween ambiance and charm.
Room for the broom –
Broom – Hildie has moved around the house for photo shoots.
If the broom fits ride it!
Broom – Hildie took her stance in the witch’s corner.
Broom – Hildie is the perfect broom for the homebody. Great for short trips, cleaning up after a messy witch concocting potion, and fending off home invasions. You can sweep away your anxiety as you soar off in style. Moving swiftly through the skies.