December 30, 2021
Christmas may be over, but winter sure isn’t!
Come in from the cold to a warming cup of hot cocoa.
Hope you all had a great holiday!
Since the weather has been quite frightful…
I decided to whip up a welcoming Hot Cocoa Station/Hot Cocoa bar.
A Quick and Easy Hot Cocoa Station
I went around the kitchen and pulled as many items as possible out of my pantry and cupboards to create my station. Using a vintage enamelware pot for hot water, I added cups and maybe even some oversized cups. I stacked and added as I went. I filled Ball jars… with my homemade hot chocolate mix and candy canes. Poured a bag of mini marshmallows into a glass container and added some small tongs for serving. Offer cinnamon sticks for an additional fun garnish.
Amp Up the Hot Cocoa Station with Treats
Fill a small cake stand with peppermint bark and add a plate of freshly baked goodies.
Get as creative as you like and just move things around until you get the look you like.
Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe
Make your own hot cocoa mix in under 10 minutes. With just a few simple ingredients you will have your own cocoa mix ready to go in just a few minutes. Not only is this recipe easy, but it also makes creamy, rich hot chocolate that everyone will love!
Hot Chocolate Mix with Cocoa Powder
Ingredients for Hot Chocolate Mix
- Cocoa Powder: This recipe is for hot chocolate mix with cocoa powder so be sure to use a high-quality cocoa to make the best hot chocolate.
- Powdered Milk: Dehydrated milk will add creaminess to your homemade hot chocolate mix.
- Confectioner’s Sugar: This light and fluffy sugar will sweeten your mix. It is preferred because it dissolves easily into hot liquid.
- Salt: Salt helps balance out the sweetness of the mix.
- Toppings: Top your hot cocoa mix with mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, or candy cane for a festive addition!
HOT CHOCOLATE MIX
- 1 1/2 cups quality cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to Make Hot Chocolate Mix
- Sift together cocoa powder, powdered milk, confectioner sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk gently to thoroughly combine.
- Transfer the mixture to your jars or other container.
- Add a cute gift tag if you’d like.
*To make the hot chocolate, stir 2-3 tablespoons mix into 1 cup of hot water or steamed milk.