January 23, 2023
Here we are again with the weather so bitter cold. This past weekend’s temperatures dipped down in the negatives! Not wanting to go outside much except to feed the horses and barn cats. I decided to do a little morning baking. Warm comfort food is good for the soul.
I’m always on the lookout for new recipes to try. I found a new Blueberry Muffin recipe that I’ve been wanting to try from Nora Murphy Blog. Nora acquired the recipe from an old Hay Day Cookbook. You can find a Hay Day Cookbook if you Google for it. Seeing how they looked so good, and I had a bunch of fresh blueberries on hand I thought it was a thing to do – make blueberry muffins.
As I pulled them out of the oven I decided to document and post some of my favorite looks and share the recipe with you. I’m all for satisfying a hankering now and again, so here’s the recipe to whip them up as soon as you can! By the way they were husband approved.
Oh, and by the way, they taste good too…
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter + some for buttering the muffin pans if no paper baking cups.
- baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup of blueberries
- muffin pans
Blueberry muffins are best eaten with butter and a cup of tea – in my opinion.
Hay Day Blueberry Muffin Recipe
1 egg, beaten
¾ cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 2/3 cups flour
¼ cup sugar
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup fresh blueberries, washed, stemmed, and tossed with flour to coat
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine egg, milk, and butter. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the egg mixture, stirring just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill paper cupped, or buttered, muffin pans and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops are puffed and golden.
They will keep for a few days in an airtight container. To reheat, freshen up a muffin in my microwave for 20 seconds on high. Beautifully moist and steaming hot!
If you bake these blueberry muffins, please drop me a note telling me what you think.
Thank you for stopping by Rustic and Refound.