Tuesday, March 23,2021
Spring is here and we are having those crazy spring days of winter one day and a tease of summer the next. I’m certainly looking forward to having some consistently warmer weather.
I’m all in for spring!
The evenings are staying light longer and I am thinking about all kinds of warm weather fun around the yard. A little gardening & alfresco dining and some fun summer recipes are on the menu.
And that means I couldn’t wait to share this cute little dessert with you.
I’m sure that the three words Cute. Little. Dessert doesn’t quite give you a picture of what that could be;)
You know those tiny mason jars… the ones that you sometimes get jam or jellies in?
Yea, one of those.
This recipe is for a No-Bake Key Lime Pie in a Jar.
It just might be one of the cutest summer desserts ever because it is made in one of those tiny mason jars.
Ingredients: (I changed up the amounts of a few things)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup heavy cream, divided plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice, about 2 key limes (save a lime for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon key lime zest, about 2 key limes
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar (divided, 3 tbsp. in pie filling & 2 in whip cream topping)
- 4 oz mason jar
- Container of Cool Whip (If you’d prefer to skip making your own whip cream)
How to make a Key Lime Pie
1.In a small bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Pour in the melted butter and mix with a fork until the texture resembles wet sand. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, condensed milk, and 1 tablespoon heavy cream with an electric hand mixer until smooth and thick and the beaters leave a ribbon when lifted out of the bowl, 3-4 minutes. Using a flexible spatula, fold in the key lime juice and ½ teaspoon key lime zest until just combined.
3. Place the jars on a baking sheet. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the crumb mixture into each jar. Press down firmly on the crumbs in the jars to form a packed, even layer.
4. Divide the filling evenly between the jars, about ¼ cup per jar. Cover the jars with the lids and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to overnight.
5. In a medium bowl, whip the remaining ⅓ cup heavy cream and the powdered sugar with an electric hand mixer until soft peaks form.
6. When ready to serve, top each jar with a dollop of whipped cream, ½ teaspoon lime zest, & 1/2 slice of lime for garnish. Serve immediately.
This might be the perfect spring/summer dessert!
It’s quick & easy!
This might be the best picnic dessert as well. With the lid on, (minus the lime garnish) put the jar and in your cooler & you are ready to go.
Really aren’t they just the cutest???
Thanks for stopping by the blog today and letting me share a little spring/summer dessert in a jar.
Where a little wild west stylin’ is for my wild west livin’.